Collection and Use of Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
If you place an order on the Site, or choose to participate in any other promotional, e-commerce, or interactive activities offered on the Site, you may be asked to provide us with certain information that can be used to identify you, generally referred to a Personally Identifying Information (or "PII"). For example, when you set up an Account on the Site or purchase products from the Site, we collect PII (which you provide) that may include your: name, age and gender; postal address; email address; phone number. Credit card information is not stored on our servers; in certain cases, it is relayed to payment processors through our systems, and when possible that information will be communicated directly between the customer and the payment processor without passing through our infrastructure.
More specifically, we may collect information about you from the Site by methods such as the following:
- Transactions and Activity: If you purchase products through the Site, we will collect certain PII including your name, email address, postal address, phone number and certain other order information such as the nature, quantity and price of the products you purchase.
- Registration Forms: If you create an Account or if you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion, you must fill out the registration form on the Site. This form requires certain PII that may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number, and certain other information as may be applicable to the reason for registering an Account.
- Email and Other Voluntary Communications: You may also choose to communicate with Accord Nutrition Corp. through email, via our Site, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be PII.
Cookies and other Web Technologies
Use of the Services
Our servers automatically record certain information about how a person uses our Services (we refer to this information as "Log Data"), including both Account holders and non-Account holders (either, a "User"). Log Data may include information such as a User's Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a User clicked on and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our Users' needs and preferences. We may use a person's IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used.
We may collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our Services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Services.
We may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
We will not share any PII that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Information Shared with Our Services Providers: We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services and to fulfill your orders. These third-party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf
- Information Shared with Third Parties: We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions: Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your PII, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others: We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; or (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your PII and we will respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the PII that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
Modifying Your Information
You can access and modify your PII by accessing your Account through the Site. If you want us to delete your PII and your Account, please contact us at email@example.com with your request. Please note that this will not affect any orders you may have place that have already shipped, and haven't yet been delivered, and it will void any subscriptions you may have. We will take steps to delete your information as soon we can, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Responding to Do Not Track Signals
Our Site does not have the capability to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from various web browsers.
The Security of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
We will never ask you for your password. Any password associated with your account will be stored in an encrypted form in our systems. You will always be able to request a password reset, for which an email with link will be sent your email address on file.
Links to Other Sites
Your PII may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties, if any, to which we disclosed their PII for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year and the categories of PII shared with those third parties. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain that information, please submit your request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "California Privacy Rights" in the subject line.